by Michelle Butt
- Keep your eye on the prize. It's a business transaction. Don't be shy about the money, unless it's just a hobby.
- Tell him how big and wonderful it is. Clients always go for exaggeration and praise...no matter how big or small they really are..
- Make yourself presentable. Cargo pants don't cut it. Try a fake leather miniskirt and fishnet stockings. All the Pentagram folks do that. Big clients are impressed.
- Leave 'em smiling. A happy client is a returning client.
- Show your best talents. You have a natural gift for not gagging in the presence of clients. Work on it if you don't.
- Always ask what they want first. ( this should be Number One.)
- Follow-up. Take his wallet while you're down there.